I will show you how to make a simple crochet bottle holder, to help carry your drinks on the go.
Small and handy strapped over your shoulder.
Affiliate disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Before you begin
- SC: Single crochet (American term, see here for difference between British and American terms)
- INC: 2 single crochets in one stitch
- [Number]: Means how many stitches should there will be in total when done with a ‘row’
I’ve used a yarn called Infinity Hearts 2xLace, but not available outside Denmark, as far as I can tell.
But any thick yarn will do. For example ribbon yarn like this.
We have 3 parts that we are going to make:
– The holder
– The strap
– Extra details
0. Make a magic circle with 6 stitches (guide here)
1. INC in each stitch 
2. (1 SC, INC) x 6 
3. (2 SC, INC) x 6 
4. We will now make a turn, so SC in the outer part (the part turning away from you) of the stitches
The outer part (the green dots) is not visible since crocheting in them.
5-15. SC in each stitch
And then close off the last stitch.
You might have to make adjustments according to the yarn and desired length.
0. Make 82 chains
1. SC in each chain starting from the second chain from the hook (since we have a turning chain)
Then afterwards sew the strap into each side of the holder.
Extra detail: Leather piece
If you want that little extra eye-candy, you can add a small leather (fake or real) piece to decorate it:
No functional use, but the holder can otherwise look a bit dull with only the stitch texture.
You simple cut the desired length of leather, and then in each end you puncture 2 holes with a punch tool.
Then attach the leather piece to the holder and sew it unto the holder with string through the holes like you are sewing a button.
Note: If you don’t have leather lying around you can reuse an old belt made from leather.
You now have a simple crochet bottle holder.
You can try to come with your own ideas for extra details to make it unique for you. For example add a crochet flower.
For more crochet related content, you can go here.